Digital Marketing & Sales, Enjoy Agriculture, Senegal
DURATION | 5 Months
Enjoy Agriculture is a digital African startup aiming to promote Agritourism in Senegal and Africa. A web platform, an online database and a booking system will connect local and foreign travellers, as well as African diaspora, with women and farmers in rural areas of Senegal for rural and urban experiences in the agricultural sector, allowing tourists to learn about traditional food processing methods, local cuisine and sustainable indigenous agricultural practices. Enjoy Agriculture gives visibility and value to the traditional work that female and agri-food producers do and to help them earn larger revenues to finance and empower their production and processing activities, as well as to create new employment for other women and young people within the food processing sector. Moreover, thanks to the agritourism experiences, the travellers can buy the local traditional products directly in the farms, preventing women and farmers to rely on the conventional commercial value chains and thereby facilitating the access to a new, more profitable market for small scale food producers. The social enterprise, created in March 2019 in Senegal, is founded by three women of different nationalities (Senegalese, Italian and Moroccan) and backgrounds, but motivated and united by the willing of supporting women farmers and rural players to value traditional agricultural and gastronomy activities and products and contribute to give a new image of Africa, rich in culture, food diversity and culinary traditions.
• Develop and implement a digital marketing strategy for national and international customers
• Realize a market analysis of the agritourism sector in Europe and Africa
• Train the Enjoy Agriculture members in online sales tools Requirements
• Have a good knowledge of the French and English languages
• Background in digital marketing, market analysis and deep knowledge on web marketing tools
• Prior hands-on experience
• Basic knowledge of the African and European touristic market – or availability to research about it
• Willingness to stay in Senegal full time for a minimum of 5 months in somewhat basic living conditions
Duration – 5 months
Accomodation – not provided by partner*
*but we will help you to find one
Vacancies: October/February (1) March/August (1)
Knowledge of the following languages is required:
SIT – Social Innovation Teams è un’associazione no profit che promuove progetti di imprenditorialità e innovazione sociale, sia in Italia che all’Estero.
Il programma SIT Global South permette a studenti di svolgere un periodo di volontariato, stage o ricerca tesi presso uno dei nostri partner nel sud del mondo.
Per ottenere gli sconti e le promozioni applicate dal venditore e partners, ricordati di nominare la convenzione con TurinHouse